I stand shoulder to shoulder with (social) entrepreneurship practitioners who believe in the power of business to create social change.
I educate, train and advise on how to become holistic ecosystem builders.
I tell their stories.
What are (social) entrepreneurship practitioners?
- Champions, advocates and cheerleaders who want to see founders in their communities thrive
- incubators, accelerators, co-working spaces, mentors, advisors, investors, seasoned entrepreneurs, economic development officers, small business administrators, community builders, researchers, journalists, policymakers and and and...
In short: Anyone who believes in the power of (social) entrepreneurship to increase resilience and quality of life in communities around the world.
What is an ecosystem builder?
Individuals who help (social) entrepreneurs in their communities thrive by actively building a culture of trust and collaboration among emerging and existing actors within their entrepreneurial community.
Ecosystem builders are infrastructure builders, conveners, system architects, listeners, connectors and keystones.
As eternal optimists and servant leaders we tend to take the mantra "give before you get" to the extreme.
Which, unfortunately, puts us at a greater risk of burning out in the name of service to our communities. I help ecosystem builders create their individual approach to maximizing their impact without minimizing themselves.
Among many things I appreciate about Anika is having her bright mind in the room as a sounding board and how willing she always is to roll up her sleeves and get in the weeds right next to me. She helped me put the structure in place to focus on and efficiently work on the most important tasks that actually move my business forward. I was seriously spinning my wheels before!
Founder, Pure Roots Nutrition
Anika is a powerful advocate to have on your team. In any situation, she has an energizing effect on everyone around her: Anika is both the life of the party and a dedicated motivator. She is refreshingly direct without sacrificing sensitivity and approaches all problems with a patient and strategic eye.
Founder, Full STEAM Ahead
Education & Insights
I create and curate the latest research around ecosystem building for social change.
The Insights section is designed to help you build
- the professional capabilities to effectively support (social) entrepreneurs in our communities (professional excellence), and
- the personal skills, habits and mindsets to do excellent work without burning out (personal mastery)
Training & Advisory
Purpose + Structure + Ecosystem Mindset = Effective Impact Maker
I work with impact makers to
- uncover their purpose (vision, mission & values),
- put that purpose to work in a sustainable way, and
- nurture the entrepreneurial ecosystems they work in.
“Stories can give us a narrative to guide and instruct us. They are crucial to our knowing who we are; they provide a sense of identity.” Peter Block
In the Community section, I share the stories of 80+ seasoned impact makers to help us understand who we are and allow us to learn from each other.