Community

Since 2019, I have interviewed more than 80 Social Venturers to talk about how they're supporting (social) entrepreneurs in their community, what challenges they encounter, and how they move forward despite the obstacles they face. These are their stories.

Social Venturer Leon Reiner

Leon Reiner

Aug 21, 2019

Meet Leon Reiner, a tall, charismatic German with a passion for social innovation and community building. Leon is the co-founder and managing director at Impact Hub Berlin where he focuses on business development and partnerships.  Success in a nutshell? “A strong and happy team, the right projects, members at the right time and an ever […]

Jacky Habib for Social Venturers

Jacky Habib

Aug 19, 2019

I met Jacky through another Social Venturers Interview. Danielle Anderson, who is based in Nairobi, Kenya, introduced us via Twitter and two weeks later, Jacky and I caught up for coffee at Dark Horse Espresso Bar in downtown Toronto. Jacky is a journalist, media consultant, and social entrepreneur. She reports on social issues, community development, […]

Nora van der Linden

Nora van der Linden

Jul 3, 2019

Nora van der Linden was one of the first Social Venturers I ever interviewed and from the moment we met, I appreciated her straightforwardness and no-bs attitude. Nora is based in Amsterdam, NL, where she works as co-director of Kennisland. Think of Kennisland as a think tank that researches and designs social progress with partners […]

a profile shot of Enoch Elwell, founder and CEO of CO.STARTERS

Enoch Elwell

Jul 2, 2019

We are standing in the hallway of an old mansion turned AirBnB in Kansas City. It is 9 p.m. on a rainy night in May. Everyone of us spent the day at the largest conference for entrepreneurial ecosystem builders in the world. We are tired and exhausted, we cling to our solo cups as if […]

Isaac Jeffries

Jul 1, 2019

Isaac is hands-down one of the most intriguing, inspiring and dedicated, yet humble people I have met in the field of social enterprise to date. And he would argue that none of that is true – and you see immediately why I’m such a fan. We first met in 2016 when I interviewed him for […]