Community

Since 2019, I have interviewed more than 80 Social Venturers to talk about how they're supporting (social) entrepreneurs in their community, what challenges they encounter, and how they move forward despite the obstacles they face. These are their stories.

Rehana Nathoo Spectrum Impact

Rehana Nathoo

Feb 6, 2020

Rehana Nathoo is the Founder and CEO of Spectrum Impact, a strategy firm that supports organizations looking to expand their impact investing footprint. Her work has been shaped by a decade-long learning journey in impact investing. Rehana previously led the impact investing portfolio at the Case Foundation and worked with Bank of New York Mellon […]

Dana Bakich

Jan 10, 2020

Relationships. If I there was ever a person that could be described in this one simple word, it would be Dana!  Dana and I were introduced through Hannah Gay and over the course of our conversation realized that we both are huge fans of Michelle Martello (aka Smartello) in Richmond, Virginia, even though Dana lives […]

Rick Turoczy

Jan 10, 2020

The first thing I learned about Rick Turoczy was that he would be hosting the spring Summit of Startup Champions Network in Portland, OR, in March 2019. The second thing I learned was that he is an incredibly calm and kind person who went out of his way to ensure I had childcare for my […]

Ann-Christin Kortenbrede

Ann-Christin Kortenbrede

Jan 10, 2020

“I came to Guatemala to volunteer and learn Spanish. Now I’m engaged, have a family and work as an investor at Pomona Impact.” Ann-Christin tells me from the rooftop of Impact Hub Antigua. Three volcanoes, one of which is active, is the backdrop to our conversation about Ann-Christin’s work in Central America. “I studied economics […]

George Tsiatis

Dec 9, 2019

500 Fellows. 80 countries. 300 social enterprises. 2.5 million people reached. Welcome to The Resolution Project.  What started out as an idea tagged onto youth leadership summits at Harvard University has evolved into a 14-person strong non-profit headquartered in Manhattan that supports idea-stage social entrepreneurs globally through mentoring, funding, and pro-bono resources. Co-founder George Tsiatis […]

Michelle Arevalo-Carpenter

Michelle Arevalo-Carpenter

Dec 1, 2019

Michelle is an Alumna of The Coaching Fellowship and currently part of the Global Good Fund Fellowship. Her official role, however, is that of co-founder and CEO of IMPAQTO, a social enterprise accelerator and network of co-working spaces building an impact ecosystem in Quito, Ecuador.   “My role has been everything, from janitor to strategy. From […]

Daniel Nowack

Nov 22, 2019

“As I’m walking through Berlin at 27 degrees in Berlin in April, I am reminded that we’re not fast enough in creating systemic change. How can we be more effective and faster? We need to get better and work at greater scale and influence more people to create lasting change.” Dan says while we are […]

Larkin Garbee

Nov 22, 2019

Larkin and I share a long history of working together: From slinging biscuits for the homeless at 20 degrees Fahrenheit to launching several support programs for fledgling entrepreneurs, we have done A LOT. Most recently we had the opportunity to work together at Startup Champions Network (SCN) that she leads as Executive Director.  “Larkin embodies […]

Todd Nuckols

Nov 16, 2019

Todd Nuckols influenced my journey as an entrepreneurial ecosystem builder like few others (you will soon meet Larkin Garbee). We had the opportunity to work together and move in the same circles while I was living and working in Richmond. Even now I try to see him whenever I am in town to talk shop […]