Community

Since 2019, I have interviewed more than 80 Social Venturers to talk about how they're supporting (social) entrepreneurs in their community, what challenges they encounter, and how they move forward despite the obstacles they face. These are their stories.

George Tsiatis

Dec 9, 2019

500 Fellows. 80 countries. 300 social enterprises. 2.5 million people reached. Welcome to The Resolution Project.  What started out as an idea tagged onto youth leadership summits at Harvard University has evolved into a 14-person strong non-profit headquartered in Manhattan that supports idea-stage social entrepreneurs globally through mentoring, funding, and pro-bono resources. Co-founder George Tsiatis …

George Tsiatis Read More »

Michelle Arevalo-Carpenter

Michelle Arevalo-Carpenter

Dec 1, 2019

Michelle is an Alumna of The Coaching Fellowship and currently part of the Global Good Fund Fellowship. Her official role, however, is that of co-founder and CEO of IMPAQTO, a social enterprise accelerator and network of co-working spaces building an impact ecosystem in Quito, Ecuador.   “My role has been everything, from janitor to strategy. From …

Michelle Arevalo-Carpenter Read More »

Daniel Nowack

Nov 22, 2019

“As I’m walking through Berlin at 27 degrees in Berlin in April, I am reminded that we’re not fast enough in creating systemic change. How can we be more effective and faster? We need to get better and work at greater scale and influence more people to create lasting change.” Dan says while we are …

Daniel Nowack Read More »

Larkin Garbee

Nov 22, 2019

Larkin and I share a long history of working together: From slinging biscuits for the homeless at 20 degrees Fahrenheit to launching several support programs for fledgling entrepreneurs, we have done A LOT. Most recently we had the opportunity to work together at Startup Champions Network (SCN) that she leads as Executive Director.  “Larkin embodies …

Larkin Garbee Read More »

Todd Nuckols

Nov 16, 2019

Todd Nuckols influenced my journey as an entrepreneurial ecosystem builder like few others (you will soon meet Larkin Garbee). We had the opportunity to work together and move in the same circles while I was living and working in Richmond. Even now I try to see him whenever I am in town to talk shop …

Todd Nuckols Read More »

Kristina Notz

Nov 1, 2019

I remember the first time I met Kristina in 2015. Though both German we were in London for a conference of the then newly launched Global Social Entrepreneurship Network. After two days of conversations and story-sharing with some of Europe’s finest ecosystem builders for social change (you’ve already met Kaat Peeters!), Kristina and I both …

Kristina Notz Read More »

Rob Lalka Tulane University

Rob Lalka

Oct 30, 2019

I first met Rob during my first phase of Social Ventures. Back in 2015, Rob was still with Propeller in New Orleans and has since moved on to Tulane University where he heads up the Albert Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Tulane’s Freeman School of Business. “My role is to teach entrepreneurship to …

Rob Lalka Read More »

Kaat Peeters

Oct 12, 2019

I first met Kaat at a conference in London in 2015. She immediately invited me to swing by her organization Sociale Innovatiefabriek – Social Innovation Factory – on my first European trip for Social Venturers. An invite I happily accepted. Six weeks later I was in Brussels, interviewing Kaat for the first time, meeting her …

Kaat Peeters Read More »

Peter Ptashko

Oct 12, 2019

Peter and I first met in 2015 when he was working at Unltd in the UK. He has since struck out on his own as a consultant in London. I checked in with him in the spring of 2019 to see how self-employed life was treating him. “Overall, I worked with UnLtd for six and …

Peter Ptashko Read More »