Community

Since 2019, I have interviewed more than 80 Social Venturers to talk about how they're supporting (social) entrepreneurs in their community, what challenges they encounter, and how they move forward despite the obstacles they face. These are their stories.

Christina Marie Noel

Mar 6, 2020

Christina Marie Noel is an award-winning Social Entrepreneur, Marketing Strategist, Executive Coach, & speaker that specializes in helping organizations thrive through a unique combination of strategy and storytelling. Christina is a leader within the global B Corp movement. She is the co-founder of the NC B Corp Champions and in 2015, she received B Corp …

Christina Marie Noel Read More »

Noa Gafni

Mar 6, 2020

Noa Gafni is the Executive Director of the Rutgers Institute for Corporate Social Innovation. Noa began her career as an entrepreneur, founding a social network for women in 2005. She then joined the founding digital team at Hearst Magazines as Head of Social Media. During her MBA at London Business School, Noa became deeply interested …

Noa Gafni Read More »

Michael Wunsch

Feb 21, 2020

Michael has worked with social entrepreneurship for over a decade – first as a founder, later as a supporter for social entrepreneurs. He is the manager of the Social Impact Lab Frankfurt and co-founder and manager of scientific cooperations for the Social Entrepreneurship Network Germany. Michael’s passion lies within building pragmatic ecosystems that solve society’s …

Michael Wunsch Read More »

Laura Haverkamp

Feb 21, 2020

Laura is a partner at Ashoka Germany and Board member at the Social Entrepreneurship Network Germany (SEND). As a social entrepreneurship enthusiast, she believes in the power of each individual to support and create change for the better. What gets her up to work each day? Making great ideas happen on the way to creating …

Laura Haverkamp Read More »

Topher Wilkins

Feb 13, 2020

Over the course of 2019, I came across a number of people who do absolutely fascinating work in the field of ecosystem building for social change, only they weren’t exactly ecosystem builders in the traditional sense. There was more to conversations with them because in one way or another, they had moved into a position …

Topher Wilkins Read More »

Rehana Nathoo Spectrum Impact

Rehana Nathoo

Feb 6, 2020

Rehana Nathoo is the Founder and CEO of Spectrum Impact, a strategy firm that supports organizations looking to expand their impact investing footprint. Her work has been shaped by a decade-long learning journey in impact investing. Rehana previously led the impact investing portfolio at the Case Foundation and worked with Bank of New York Mellon …

Rehana Nathoo Read More »

Dana Bakich

Jan 10, 2020

Relationships. If I there was ever a person that could be described in this one simple word, it would be Dana!  Dana and I were introduced through Hannah Gay and over the course of our conversation realized that we both are huge fans of Michelle Martello (aka Smartello) in Richmond, Virginia, even though Dana lives …

Dana Bakich Read More »

Rick Turoczy

Jan 10, 2020

The first thing I learned about Rick Turoczy was that he would be hosting the spring Summit of Startup Champions Network in Portland, OR, in March 2019. The second thing I learned was that he is an incredibly calm and kind person who went out of his way to ensure I had childcare for my …

Rick Turoczy Read More »

Ann-Christin Kortenbrede

Ann-Christin Kortenbrede

Jan 10, 2020

“I came to Guatemala to volunteer and learn Spanish. Now I’m engaged, have a family and work as an investor at Pomona Impact.” Ann-Christin tells me from the rooftop of Impact Hub Antigua. Three volcanoes, one of which is active, is the backdrop to our conversation about Ann-Christin’s work in Central America. “I studied economics …

Ann-Christin Kortenbrede Read More »