Today, we’re going on a trip to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Texas.
I want you to meet Darlisa Diltz who runs the North Texas Entrepreneur Education and Training Center.
Darlisa shares what happens when the work you’ve been doing for years suddenly becomes all the rage, but powerful players don’t take the time to truly understand their communities’ needs.
Darlisa also talks openly about bad actors in the ecosystem who–instead of partnering with her–outright copied her programs. And she shares with us how she unwinds after just one of those days.
Hear what advice Darlisa has about nurturing community and becoming a truly inclusive ecosystem builder.
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- Why Darlisa and NEETC focus efforts on “wannapreneurs” and early stage entrepreneurs by building connections and community
- How Darlisa copes with having her work replicated by other organizations
- Why ecosystems builders need to focus on inclusivity over influence
- What major players get wrong about building truly inclusive ecosystems
earn more about Darlisa Diltz:
- North Texas Entrepreneur Education and Training Center
- Facebook: @NTEETC
- Instagram: @NTEETC
- Connect with NTEETC on LinkedIn
Learn More About Anika Horn:
- Instagram: SocialVenturers
- Newsletter: Sign up for Impact Curator
- Ecosystem Building 101 Masterclass