We started this season by asking how we can tell better stories about what is happening in our ecosystems.
As I reflect on the lessons learned throughout the season, the key piece is that storytelling is not just some fun marketing campaign; it’s a tool to show the community what is possible and what the future might look like.
But most of us–entrepreneurs and ecosystem partners alike–are so bogged down in the day-to-day that we rarely have the chance to envision the bigger picture of where the ecosystem is headed. Storytelling allows us to gather and curate all these different stories of doers, makers, and dreamers into a mosaic that creates a beautiful picture as it comes together.
Once we understand that every story, whether on a blog, in a newsletter, or in a YouTube video, contributes to this greater picture and narrative, we can start chipping away at it. You don’t need a degree in journalism or media production to contribute. You just need a genuine sense of excitement about the entrepreneurs you encounter and the willingness to look for solutions.
Click here to listen to this episode on your favorite podcast player!
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- How solutions-based storytelling, supported by clear and objective facts, moves the needle
- How the accessibility of technology creates opportunities for more diverse stories and storytellers
- Different strategies for leaning on your networks to spread your stories
- Choosing your format and making the money work
- How storytelling not only shines light on the doers and makers in your community, but allows the community to shift how they see themselves