Today I’m catching up with April Rinne in Portland, OR.
I wanted to have a conversation with April because her book, Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change is exactly the kind of thinking that changemakers and systems thinkers need to not only keep their heads above water, but to actually thrive in our constantly changing circumstances.
A World Economic Forum Young Global Leader and ranked one of the “50 Leading Female Futurists” in the world by Forbes, April Rinne is a change navigator: she helps individuals and organizations rethink and reshape their relationship with change, uncertainty, and a world in flux.
She is a trusted advisor to well-known startups, companies, financial institutions, nonprofits, and think tanks worldwide, including Airbnb, Nike, Intuit, theWorld Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, NESTA, Trōv, AnyRoad, and Unsettled, as well as governments ranging from Singapore to South Africa, Canada to Colombia, Italy to India. April is the author of Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change.
Click here to listen to this episode on your favorite podcast player!
Listen to the full episode to hear:
- The challenges and opportunities of having outdated scripts why our new scripts have to account for a world in flux
- How technology can actually make us less adaptable to change
- How scripts for a world in flux layer up from the individual to the systemic
- Two different aspects of trust and why they are critical for navigating change
Learn More About April Rinne:
- Flux Mindset
- Instagram: @AprilRinne
- Connect with April on LinkedIn
- Flux: 8 Superpowers for Thriving in Constant Change
Learn More About Anika Horn:
- Instagram: SocialVenturers
- Newsletter: Sign up for Impact Curator
- April 14: Burn both ends, register here and tell your friends!